Polo offers unrivalled coverage and weed control in grassland areas – treating a variety of common and difficult weeds, such as; ragwort, buttercup, docks and thistles.
This selective weedkiller contains two different active ingredients (MCPA and 2-4D) for control of a greater variety of target weeds in paddock/ grassland areas. Polo belongs to a group of phenoxy herbicides that work by disrupting growth hormones so timing of application during the growth stages of weeds is the key to good control.
- Excellent coverage per 10 L bottle
- Grazing animal exclusion: 14 days after application
- Apply using a tractor or ATV boom spray only
- Clovers may be affected but will recover quickly
- Use ‘medium’ quality spray with 2-3 bar pressure
- Keep household pets off treated areas until dry
Application notes and guidance:
- Timing of application is critical to the success of Polo - apply in late autumn and spring according to how large the weed is
- Ragwort should be treated in spring at the rosette stage before flowering
- Creeping Buttercup: apply in late spring and autumn when growth is visible
- Docks: apply before flowering
- Thistle (creeping & spear): apply at the early flower bud stage before blooming
28,571 - 40,000 (m2)
7.06 - 9.88 (acres)
|Contains||360 g/L 2-4D and 315 g/L MCPA|
|Area of Use||Agricultural, Grass Leys, Grassland, Grassland/Paddocks|
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the industries Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations – for further details click here.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
Boomspray Application Rate
|Broad-leaved dock, bulbous buttercup, creeping buttercup, creeping thistle, curled dock||2.5 L/ha in 200 - 400 L/ha water|
|Greater and ribwort plantain, soft rush, spear thistle||2.5 L/ha in 200 - 400 L/ha water|
|Dandelion, field bindweed, hedge bindweed, stinging nettle, daisy, ragwort, colts foot||3.5 L/ha in 200 - 400 L/ha water|
Product Usage Calendar
Write Your Review