Kurtail previously known as Kibosh controls grasses & broadleaved weeds, as well as mare's tail / horsetail.
Results seen in 7 days, tried and tested over five years. Kurtail the customer's proven solution.
A total weedkiller for agricultural, horticultural, forestry situations. Effective on annual and perennial weeds or grasses including: thistles, couch grass and horsetail.
Kurtail is a product proven over five years for the control of the nightmare weed; horsetail. It controls a wide range of plants and requires no weed preparation (rolling or crushing) to work effectively.
Kurtail is a registered trademark of Progreen Weed Control Ltd.
- Spray is quickly degraded on contact with the soil
- No need to bruise or roll stems
- Apply to growing weeds that are green and 20cm+
- Sprayed areas can be planted within 3 days of treatment
- Treated weeds will turn black and whither within 2-3 weeks
- Spray with a knapsack or vehicle-mounted equipment
- Ideally apply between April to September
Application notes and guidance:
- Horsetail is often called mare's tail but this is more accurately an aquatic weed (hippuris vulgaris). The correct latin name for horsetail is Equisetum arvense or ‘field horsetail’. Please note Kurtail is not approved for aquatic use.
- Its root system is extremely vigorous and can grow very deep which is why it can regenerate after treatment and cultural controls, such as digging or rotorvating, will only spread and multiply the problem in the short term.
- It is preferable to allow the horsetail/marestail weed to wither and die naturally before cutting or removing the weed. If this is not possible, then a minimum of 3 weeks should elapse before cutting or removing. Any horsetail/mares tail roots which emerge after treatment will require respraying.
- Spraying should not take place if rainfall is due within 8 hours (minimum), 24 hours is preferable for best results.
- Please read the label before use.
- Please note that more than one application may be required, as new growth can emerge after the initial application.
Hard water issues:
Hard water can decrease the amount of active ingredient available to tackle horsetail. For greater control and effectiveness in hard water areas use a simple addition to your spraymix, KPlus+.
|Contains||150 g/L glufosinate-ammonium|
|Area of Use||Agricultural, Forestry, Grassland, Grassland/Paddocks, Horticultural|
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the industries Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations – for further details click here.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
Hand-held Application Rate
|Marestail / Horsetail||25 ml in 1 L water|
Boomspray Application Rate
|Marestail / Horsetail||5 L/ha in 200 - 400 L water|
Product Usage Calendar
Write Your Review