Asulox bracken control has proven itself over many years as the market leading product for controlling bracken.
Asulox - available to order now!
Containing the active ingredient Asulam this herbicide controls bracken by being translocated throughout the plant and down to the root.
When Asulox is applied there are generally no immediate signs of die back, but the following season there will virtually be no bracken re-growth. It recommended that a programme of follow up sprays are done with Asulox in the following calendar year, as this can greatly extend the period that the land is bracken free.
Asulox is currently only available under an Emergency Authorisation which is reviewed annually. However due to strong support from the Environment Agency and the Butterfly Conservation Trust there is hope that this may be overturned in the future.
DISCOUNTS - Available on bulk orders please call 0800 032 6262 for info or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: In order to enhance the validity of the Emergency Approval the manufacturer will not supply bottles until nearer the first allowable spray date (July 1st). Orders placed now will be fulfilled in late June. If you do not wish your account to be debited immediately please contact us: 0800 032 6262 or email email@example.com
Key Emergency Approval Dates for Asulox 2019
Monday 20th May 2019
Emergency Authorisation Starts (120 days)
Asulox can be sold, stored and transported - but not used/applied
|Monday 1st July 2019||
Asulox can start to be used/applied
|Monday 16th September 2019||
Asulox can no longer be sold, but can continue to be use/applied and stored
Thursday 31st October 2019
All Asulox must be used/applied by this date or returned to the supplier
Bracken control herbicide
- Knapsack treatment is suitable where bracken is up to waist height
- Bracken should be treated in full frond (all fronds fully expanded) but before yellowing (start of senescence). Normally this will be within the period from July to late August (early August in Northern Britain)
- The addition of an adjuvant enhance the uptake of ASULOX by the bracken fronds thereby improving reliability under adverse conditions
- We recommended the adjuvant Impetus which should be used at 0.1% of spray volume.eg 20ml Impetus per 20l water
- Asulox use can be visually identified by using Amvista Blue Marker Dye so you can see where you have sprayed. Simply added to the spray tank and mix with the Asulox plus Impetus
- Herbicide symptoms are virtually absent in the year of spraying (due to the onset of senescence)
- The fronds must not be damaged by livestock, frost or by cutting before treatment. Do not treat bracken affected by late frosts (bronzed and stunted fronds)
- At least 6 weeks should elapse between applying Asulox and sowing or planting any subsequent crop
- For best results allow a 24 hours rain-free period after application
- Asulox contains the same active ingredients as previous products Asulam and BrackN
- More information is available on bracken control at the Bracken Control Group
Application notes and guidance:
- Apply on a dry day preferably withour rain for 24 hours.
- Knapsack nozzles should be suitable for a medium or coarse spray
- Only one application should be made per year
- The approval for use of Asulox on docks has been withdrawn
- The approval for use of Asulox in weedwipers and drift sprayers has been withdrawn
- Do not cut the bracken or admit livestock for at least 28 days after treatment
Please take time to read our "By Problem" page on bracken control for more information
5,000 (5 L) (m2)
1.24 (5 L) (acres)
|Contains||400 g/L asulam|
|Area of Use||Agricultural, Forestry, Grassland, Horticultural, Moorland|
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the industries Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
Hand-held Application Rate
|Bracken||200 ml to 20 L water|
Boomspray Application Rate
|Bracken||11 L/ha in 400 - 500 L/ha water|
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use
Safety Sheets (MSDS)
Asulox - Bracken Specific Weed Killer is rated 4.00 stars by Progreen Weed Control Solutions customers based on 9 product reviews