Barrier H herbicide controls ragwort fast. A highly versatile organic weed killer Barrier H can also be used for controlling broad-leaved weeds.
Barrier H is mainly used for the troublesome weed ragwort, which can kill horses and is often difficult to control by cultural methods alone. It's an environmentally friendly natural weed killer and uses the natural plant extract citronella to give a total weed kill right down to the roots.*
Barrier H weed killer is highly flexible and can be applied year round, at all plant growth stages, even when the ragwort is flowering!
Coverage: Up to approx. 200 large plants or 1,600 seedlings
Ragwort spray weed killer
- Kills broad-leaved weeds including ragwort (can be applied year round to ragwort)
- Fast acting - small ragwort rosettes show signs of death within hours
- Ready to use - can be supplied with a handy spot-spray gun. Simply attaches directly to the 5 L bottle
- Can be sprayed onto ragwort flowerheads to stop the flowering - seeding process & spread
- Fast kill – apply thoroughly to leaves until the point of run-off
- Citronella oil is a natural extract, distilled from the grass: cymbopogon winterianus
- Reapply as necessary
- Avoid drift or spraying onto grass
- Often used by Councils, Highways and Network Rail for control of ragwort
* Sprayed when very young
Application notes and guidance:
- Accidental drift or spraying on grass may cause temporary bleaching but most species will recover quickly
- After the application of Barrier H ragwort killer, we recommend that animals are kept from away from grazing grassland and paddocks for up to 2 weeks. Do not put grazing animals back until the ragwort is completely dead and any rotting plants are removed. This is not because Barrier H is hazardous, but because dying ragwort becomes more palatable and dangerous to grazing animals.
- The ragwort root is the last part of the ragwort plant to die, so take care to not remove any dead plant tops too soon.
200 large plants or 1600 Seedlings (m2)
|Contains||22.9% w/w Citronella Oil Java Type|
|Area of Use||Amenity Grassland, Grassland, Non Crop Areas|
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the industries Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
Hand-held Application Rate
|Ragwort & broad-leaved weeds||Ready to use|
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use
Safety Sheets (MSDS)
Barrier H 5 L - Natural Ragwort Control is rated 4.53 stars by Progreen Weed Control Solutions customers based on 17 product reviews