Calcifert Granulated Lime 20 x 25 kg.
Calcifert provides a quick and easy way to balance soil pH, improving quality and yield.
Active ingredient: Fine limestone flour combined with a water-soluble organic binder
Application rate: Varies depending on soil type, acid levels & type of crop, please see below
Supplied as: 20 x 25 kg
Please contact us for a bespoke quote on quantities less, or more, than 20 bags
Calcifert granulated lime is suitable for all crops including grassland.
- Applied using conventional spreading equipment
- Cost effective
- Low application rates
Calcifert is a granulated lime product that is proven to neutralise soil acidity. It is suitable for all crops including grassland, cereals, fruit, oilseed rape and even hops.
Made from fine limestone flour combined with a water-soluble organic binder, Calcifert consists of hard granules of between 2 and 5mm in diameter, produced in the UK from limestone mined in the Peak District.
Why choose Calcifert?
Calcifert has many benefits over conventional lime. The biggest benefit to farmers is that Calcifert doesn’t need to be applied by specialist contractors – it can be applied by you, using conventional farm fertiliser spreading equipment.
Calcifert’s benefits include:
- Limestone granules of a regular size and shape ensure an even spread and rapid uptake
- Easy spreading with conventional farm spreaders reducing the need for expensive specialist contractors
- Can be spread at anytime of the year and with other fertilisers
- Calcifert can be applied on bare ground or to growing crops, unlike conventional lime
- Lower application rates than conventional lime make Calcifert a cost effective option
- Approved for organic farming
- Can be used to spot treat ground – making it economical for treating small areas
- Can be applied in bout widths up to 36 metres
- Safe to use - non-toxic and non-hazardous
Getting the balance right
Monitoring the pH of your soil and balancing soil acidity are key to improving crop performance, as low soil pH will reduce crop growth and ultimately yield.
Applying Calcifert granulated lime provides a quick and easy way to effectively balance soil pH, improving quality and yield.
Application rates vary depending on soil type, acid levels and type of crop. Recent trials on sandy soil have shown that at a depth of 2-3 cm, an application of 248 kg of Calcifert per hectare increased pH by an average of 0.9 within four weeks. After four months, at depths between 2-15 cm, there was an average pH increase of 0.6.
Please note, deliveries are made on a curtainsided vehicle, if the delivery is required by rigid vehicles and or tail-lift vehicles the price is available on request. For deliveries to the following postcode areas, please contact us for a price:
AB, BT, CT, DD, EX, HS, IV, KW, PA20+, PH, PL, SA19+, SY7, SY9, SY10, SY12, SY15+, TQ, TR, ZE, all other UK offshore
|Analysis||Nv 54, 39% Ca|
|Application Rate||250 kg/ha|
|Granule Size (mm)||2 - 5 mm|
|Pack Size||500 kg|
Hand-held Application Rate
|Crops and grassland||250 kg/ha|
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use