Paddock Soil Analysis for grazing horses
A good quality soil will give a reliable supply of energy, protein and other nutrients to your grass and can often lengthen the season. Healthy grass has a major impact on your horses health as they get many of the nutrients they need via natural grazing.
Carrying out a broad spectrum paddock soil test tells you exactly what your soil needs, to encourage quality grazing grass. Knowing this means you apply the correct amount of fertiliser, reducing the risk of over fertilising and saving you time and money.
Not only are there health benefits to your horse from a balanced soil it also gives a healthier grass sward, which will out compete many weeds including ragwort, docks, thistles and nettles.
How does a soil test work?
- On placing your order we will send over a soil sample bag and addressed pre-paid envelope
- Take a number of soil samples from different areas of your plot, until the bag is half full
- Post back your soil to the laboratory for analysis
- Once the results are available our FACTS qualified technical advisors will interpret them and develop a tailored fertiliser programme for your soil
- Results are generally available in around 7 - 10 working days
Note: Please include the white A5 sheet with your soil sample, the invoice is for your records. Unfortunately without the white A5 sheet, the laboratory cannot process your analysis.
How to take samples for a soil test?
- Try to take samples from as many points in the area (field, lawn, flower bed etc) to be analysed
- Working in a W shape will give a good overall analysis of the area
- Make sure that you fill the bag until it's half full - if you don't have enough soil the laboratory will not be able to run the full tests
- Do not sample any soil within 3 - 5 days after being sprayed with pesticides or foliar nutrients
Elements analysed are:
The soil pH and cation exchange capacity are also indicated. Information on virtually all plants and crops requirements are held on the database and can be compared with healthy levels, if required.
View a Sample Soil Analysis
Paddock Soil Analysis for Horse Grazing is rated 4.97 stars by Progreen Weed Control Solutions customers based on 30 product reviews