NEW KURTAIL GOLD replaces Kurtail
Kurtail Gold is the new version of Kurtail (once called Kibosh). Exclusive to Progreen, Kurtail Gold comes as the replacement to the highly rated herbicide Kurtail which is proven as an effective total weed killer for many grasses and weeds as well as being highly effective on horsetail also known as marestail.
The formulation of Kurtail Gold remains the same glufosinate ammonium, so users of Kurtail can still be assured of the effectiveness.
|This product is no longer available for sale. A replacement is coming soon!|
|Be the first to know about updates on future developments of a Kurtail Gold replacement - Sign Up to our Horsetail / Marestail information bulletins|
|Need to tackle marestail / horsetail in the meantime? SBK Brushwood Killer & Kplus will give good levels of control.|
|Kurtail Gold, as with all other glufosinate products, was only available for sale until the 31st January 2019. The ingredients in Kurtail Gold will no longer be available in the UK and Europe from this date.|
Kurtail Gold also has the benefit of now having far wider areas of use, making it a highly versatile total herbicide.
NB: Not recommended for use in a watering can.
IMPROVED AREAS OF USE -
- Now has approval for use on hard surfaces
- I.E. block paving, patios and bare compacted soil
- Can be used an as alternative to glyphosaste products
- Approved for preparation of line-marking on sports turf
- Can be used for weed control along fence lines
Effective control of horsetail (marestail)
- Effective on horsetail (marestail)
- No need to bruise or damage the plant
- Apply to growing weeds that are green and 20cm+
- Treated weeds will turn black and wither within 2 - 3 weeks
- Fast acting non-selective herbicide, degrades on contact with the soil
- Replant sprayed areas within 3 days of treatment
- Results seen in 7 - 14 days
- Can be sprayed with a knapsack or boom sprayer
- Kurtail is not selective. Protect plants and grass you do not want to affect from overspray or drift.
- Apply between 1st March and 30th September
- Controls a wide range of annual and perennial weeds
Application notes and guidance:
- Horsetail is often called mare's tail but this is more accurately an aquatic weed (hippuris vulgaris). The correct latin name for horsetail is Equisetum arvense or ‘field horsetail’.NB: Kurtail Gold is not approved for aquatic use.
- Its root system is extremely vigorous and can grow very deep which is why it can regenerate after treatment and cultural controls, such as digging or rotorvating, will only spread and multiply the problem in the short term. Please phone us if you intend to build over the treated area, eg: tarmac driveway
- It is preferable to allow the horsetail / marestail weed to wither and die naturally before cutting or removing the weed. If this is not possible, then a minimum of 3 weeks should elapse before cutting or removing. Any horsetail/mares tail roots which emerge after treatment will require respraying.
- Spraying should not take place if rainfall is due within 8 hours (minimum), 24 hours is preferable for best results.
- Please read the label before use.
- Please note that more than one application may be required, as new growth can emerge after the initial application.
Kurtail Gold is a registered trademark of Progreen Weed Control Ltd.
Hard water issues:
Hard water can decrease the amount of active ingredient available to tackle horsetail. For greater control and effectiveness in hard water areas use a simple addition to your spraymix, KPlus+.
*Free delivery can be used on multiples of 0.5 L bottles or the 2 L pack size, this offer can also be redeemed on the Kurtail Gold and KPlus+ bundles. Excludes extended area postcodes. Full T & C's are available on request.
4000 - 6664 (m2)
|Area of Use||Hard Surfaces, Managed Amenity Turf, Natural Surfaces Not Intended To Bear Vegetation, Permeable Surfaces Overlying Soil|
Hand-held Application Rate
|Annual Weeds & Seedlings||30 ml in 4.5 L water|
|Marestail / Horsetail||50 ml in 4.5 L water|
Boomspray Application Rate
|Marestail / Horsetail||3 - 5 L/ha in 200 - 400 L/ha water|
Line Marking Rate
|To reinforce existing lines||3 L/ha = 30 ml in 4 L water|
|To create new lines||5 L/ha = 50 ml in 4 L water|
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use
Safety Sheets (MSDS)
Kurtail Gold 2 L horsetail marestail weed killer is rated 4.81 stars by Progreen Weed Control Solutions customers based on 78 product reviews