NEW KURTAIL GOLD replaces Kurtail
Kurtail Gold is the new version of Kurtail (once called Kibosh). Exclusive to Progreen, Kurtail Gold comes as the replacement to the highly rated herbicide Kurtail which is proven as an effective total weed killer for many grasses and weeds as well as being highly effective on horsetail also known as marestail.
The formulation of Kurtail Gold remains the same glufosinate ammonium, so users of Kurtail can still be assured of the effectiveness.
Kurtail Gold also has the benefit of now having far wider areas of use, making it a highly versatile total herbicide.
IMPROVED AREAS OF USE -
- Now has approval for use on hard surfaces
- I.E. block paving, patios and bare compacted soil
- Can be used an as alternative to glyphosate products
- Approved for preparation of line-marking on sports turf
- Can be used for weed control along fence lines
- In hard water areas it is recommended that Kurtail Gold is used with KPlus to get the best results
- Effective on horsetail (marestail)
- No need to burise or damage the plant
- Apply to growing weeds that are green and 20cm+
- Treated weeds will turn black and wither within 2 - 3 weeks
- Fast acting non-selective herbicide, degrades on contact with the soil
- Replant sprayed areas within 3 days of treatment
- Results seen in 7 - 14 days
- Can be sprayed with a knapsack or boom sprayer
- Apply between 1st March and 30th September
- Controls a wide range of annual and perennial weeds
Application notes and guidance:
- Horsetail is often called mare's tail but this is more accurately an aquatic weed (hippuris vulgaris). The correct latin name for horsetail is Equisetum arvense or ‘field horsetail’.NB: Kurtail Gold is not approved for aquatic use.
- Its root system is extremely vigorous and can grow very deep which is why it can regenerate after treatment and cultural controls, such as digging or rotorvating, will only spread and multiply the problem in the short term.
- It is preferable to allow the horsetail/marestail weed to wither and die naturally before cutting or removing the weed. If this is not possible, then a minimum of 3 weeks should elapse before cutting or removing. Any horsetail/mares tail roots which emerge after treatment will require respraying.
- Spraying should not take place if rainfall is due within 8 hours (minimum), 24 hours is preferable for best results.
- Please read the label before use.
- Please note that more than one application may be required, as new growth can emerge after the initial application.
Kurtail Gold is a registered trademark of Progreen Weed Control Ltd.
Hard water issues:
KPlus+ is a water conditioner that ensures efficient plant action of pesticides and improves rainfastness. Water usually makes up over 95% of a spray solution, therefore it can have a huge impact on spray results. Hard water normally contains high levels of calcium. With some herbicides, high levels of calcium can render herbicides ineffective. KPlus+ 100ml is a spray water conditioner, specially developed to improve herbicide results - just add one 100ml pouch to a 20 L knapsack BEFORE adding your herbicide. It acidifies spray water, offers better leaf coverage and improves herbicide uptake in the target weed. It also means increased rainfastness and faster weed knockdown.
Order together and save!
For more information on KPlus+ click here
1000 - 1666 (m2)
|Area of Use||Hard Surfaces, Managed Amenity Turf, Natural Surfaces Not Intended To Bear Vegetation, Permeable Surfaces Overlying Soil|
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the industries Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
Hand-held Application Rate
|Annual Weeds & Seedlings||30 ml in 4.5 L water|
|Marestail / Horsetail||50 ml in 4.5 L water|
Boomspray Application Rate
|Marestail / Horsetail||3 - 5 L/ha in 200 - 400 L/ha water|
Line Marking Rate
|To reinforce existing lines||3 L/ha = 30 ml in 4 L water|
|To create new lines||5 L/ha = 50 ml in 4 L water|
Adjuvant Application Rate
|Max spray concentration||0.5%|
|Example application rate||100 ml in a 20 L knapsack|
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use
Safety Sheets (MSDS)
Kurtail Gold 0.5 L & K Plus Bundle 100ml is rated 4.81 stars by Progreen Weed Control Solutions customers based on 37 product reviews