Nemasys J- Biological Control of Leatherjacket - 2 pack sizes
Nemasys J is a non-chemical product that will naturally control leatherjackets in grass and turf. The presence of leather jackets is usually seen by rough scruffy turf being pulled up by birds & animals as they search for fresh grubs.
“ Due to a manufacturing issue with “Nemasys J”, our leatherjacket solution will now be “Nemasys C” Both pack sizes are available. Please see the attached pdf document for full technical guidance.
Damaging leatherjacket larvae are laid as eggs in lawns during August by the Crane Fly. The withdrawal of synthetic chemical insecticides means Nemasys J is now the best method to naturally control leatherjackets by using the beneficial parasitic nematodes in Nemaysy J.
The Nemasys J nematodes enter the larvae and stops them feeding within three days of infection. The larvae then die within 10-14 days.
The nematodes complete their life-cycle within the larvae, then enter the soil seeking more hosts, and so the pest control continues naturally.
2 pack sizes are available to choose from:
50 million nematodes covering 100m2
250 million nematodes covering 500m2
- Contains the beneficial parasitic nematode Steinernema feltiae
- Larvae die within 10-14 days
- Will not damage turf and is harmless to pets and wildlife
- Harmful leather jackets are most active August to October and adult beetles July to August
- Areas of use - lawns, golf courses, amenity & outfield turf & amenity grassland
- Apply when soil temperatures are at least 100C
- Optimum application period is usually from August to September although larvae can be active oustide of these periods
- Check your soil temperature with a Soil Probe Thermometer.
- Nemasys arrives in a sealed cool box - can be refrigerated for up to four weeks
- Remove fine mesh filters from spray equipment - especially in-line lance filters when applying
- Add the nematodes to a bucket of water and mix thoroughly - do not allow solution to sit longer than 1 hour
- Soil must be regularly watered to ensure that it stays damp for the nematodes to remain active - do not apply during drought conditions
- Repeat treatment may be required
As this is a live product, we organise direct delivery from the manufacturer direct to our customer in "cool-pak" packaging.
For application guidance, please see attachment within "Tech Info" tab.
|Pack Size||Crop||Dilution||Application Rate||Coverage|
|50 Million||Amenity Grassland||Dissolve 50m pack in 10L water||100ml/m2||100m2|
|250 Million||Amenity Grassland||Dissolve 250m pack in 50L water||100ml/m2||500m2|