Bruco is a water dispersible granule that can be used for the control of caterpillars in vegetables, soft fruit, ornamentals and amenity vegetation.
Dissolve in water for use as a caterpillar insecticide.
It can also be used for the control of Brown Tail Moths, OPM (Oak Processionary Moth) and Diamondback Moths
Active Ingredient: Bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki (BtK)
Coverage: 1.66 ac (500g)
- Apply as soon as the larvae are first seen
- Acts quickly on target larvae after initial ingestion of treated plant vegetation
- Larvae stop feeding and die within 24 - 72 hours
- Ideal for use as a caterpillar spray and as part of an integrated pest management programme
- Rainfast quickly
- Biodegradable - leaves no detrimental residue, formulated from a naturally occurring micro-organism
- Can be used in a programme with conventional insecticides
- Has potency of 32,000 IU/mg formulated as a water dispersible granule.
- Available in two sizes: 500g / 1kg
When and how to use:
- Apply Bruco as soon as the first larvae are seen, preferably during an active feeding period.
- Repeat every 7-10 days until the end of the hatching period.
- Avoid high sunlight intensity or temperatures above the general 10-20C range.
- Rainfast in 6 hours.
Recommendations for use:
- Crops - Outdoor cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, outdoor and protected ornamentals, amenity vegetation, strawberries, raspberries, protected tomato, cucumber and pepper
- Amenity situation - Can be used for control of Brown Tail Moth in amenity situations
|Outdoor Cabbage*, Brussel Sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli||Outdoor and protected ornamentals||Amenity vegetation||Strawberries, Raspberries||Protected Tomato, Cucumber and Pepper|
|0.75 – 1.0 kg/ha**||0.75 kg/ha||0.75 kg/ha||75 g/100 L water||100 g/100 L water|
** Use lower rate for normal infestations of young larvae and higher rate for heavier infestations of advanced growth stages of pest.
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use