CastClear 1 L
CastClear is a great organic solution for controlling lawn soil worm casts. Acting as a suppressant and a deterrent to worms it is proven to control worm casts in both lawns and sports turf.
ALTERNATIVES For worm casts - Amvista Squirm 10 L
This lawn worm cast suppressant is designed for the control of worms in lawns and managed amenity turf.
The organic sulphur and nutrients penetrate the lawn to help suppress and reduce worm casts in lawns and turf.
Contains: > 5% amino nitrogen, > organic sulphur
Nutrient based with soil penetrants and organic sulphur to help suppress worm casting in lawns and turf
CastClear - how it works
CastClear does not kill the worms -it merely forms a barrier that irritates the worms when they ingest the soil - forcing them deeper in the soil. A unique surfactant in the formulation holds it in the soil - showing a good persistence for 10-20 days
- Spray when worms are near the surface e.g. during spring and autumn
- Use 200 ml in 2.5 L of water in a pressure sprayer *DO NOT USE a watering can*
- Repeat application following every 10-20 days using a lower rate of 70 ml per 2.5 L water
- Avoid spraying during drought or when the ground is frozen.
- Organic based product - suitable for homeowners
- Safe for newly established grass turf
- Can be used all-year round on established turf
Application Rates & Directions
|Frequency||Product in ml||Water in L||Area in m2|
|Initial Treatment||200 ml||Min 2.5 L||100 m2|
|10 - 20 days re-application
1/3rd initial dose rate
|70 ml||Min 2.5 L||100 m2|
- Water volume is an absolute minimum
- You may find it easier to apply more water
- Key is to ensure you have applied enough chemical for the measured lawn area
- A re-application at a lower rate about every 10 - 20 days will provide best results - lawns
The water volume is an absolute minimum and you may find it easier to apply more water. The key is to ensure you have applied sufficient chemical for the measured lawn area.
Re-application at the lower rate above every 10 - 20 days will provide best results but as everyone's lawn area is different, you may have to re apply sooner or later than we advise. Initially, making an application on day one and then day 11 and then day 20 will give the best results then the frequency of application will lengthen as the soil builds up a 'bank account' of the product.
Do not apply during rainfall or if rain is expected soon after application
Smaller lawn sizes application rate
|Lawn area in m2||Product in ml||Water in L|
|100 m2||200 ml||Min 2.5 L|
|75 m2||150 ml||Min 1.87 L|
|50 m2||100 ml||Min 1.25 L|
|25 m2||50 ml||Min 0.62 L|
Larger lawn sizes application rate
|Lawn area in m2||Product in L||Water in L|
|500 m2||1 L||Min 25 L|
|1,000 m2||2 L||Min 50 L|
|4,046 m2 - 1 acre||8.08 L||Min 202 L|