Bruco is a natural, biological insecticide to control caterpillars in vegetables, soft fruit, ornamentals, box hedging (buxus), trees, forestry and amenity vegetation. Also effective on Brown Tail Moth and Oak Processionary Moth.
Active Ingredient: Naturally occuring micro-organism - Bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki (BtK)
Coverage: 1.66 ac (0.5kg) or 3.2 ac (1kg)
- Easy to mix water disperible granule
- Acts quickly on caterpillar larvae - giving control within 24 - 72 hours
- Biodegradable - leaves no detrimental residue,
- Formulated from a naturally occurring micro-organism
- Can be used in a programme with conventional insecticides or integrated pest management strategies.
- Short harvest interval, 1 day on edible crops.
- Available in two sizes: 500g / 1kg
When and how to use:
- Apply Bruco as soon as the first larvae are seen, preferably during an active feeding period.
- Repeat every 7-10 days until the end of the hatching period.
- Avoid high sunlight intensity or temperatures above the general 20C range.
- Rainfast in 6 hours.
Recommendations for use:
- Crops - Outdoor cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, outdoor and protected ornamentals, amenity vegetation, strawberries, raspberries, protected tomato, cucumber and pepper
- Amenity situation - Can be used for control of Brown Tail and Oak Processionary in trees and shrubs and caterpillar control in box hedging.
|Outdoor Cabbage*, Brussel Sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli||Outdoor and protected ornamentals||Amenity vegetation||Strawberries, Raspberries||Protected Tomato, Cucumber and Pepper|
|0.75 – 1.0 kg/ha**||0.75 kg/ha||0.75 kg/ha||75 g/100 L water||100 g/100 L water|
Typical knapsack application rate - 15g in 10L water to cover 200m2
*In case of infestation with cabbage moth Mamestra brassicae, use higher rate.
** Use lower rate for normal infestations of young larvae and higher rate for heavier infestations of advanced growth stages of pest.
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use