Damaging chafer larvae can naturally be controlled by using beneficial nematodes in Nemaysy G.
The Nemasys G nematodes enter the larvae and stops them feeding within three days of infection. The larvae then die within 10-14 days.
The nematodes complete their life-cycle within the larvae, then enter the soil seeking more hosts, and so the pest control continues naturally.
Contains: 250 million parasitic nematodes
Coverage: Pack treats approx. 500m2
- Contains the insect parasitic nematode Heterohabditis megidis
- Larvae die within 10-14 days
- Will not damage turf and is harmless to pets and wildlife
- Harmful chafer grubs are most active August to October & adult beetles July to August
- Apply when soil temperatures are at least 10°C
- Do not apply during drought periods
- Nemasys arrives in a sealed cool box - can be refrigerated for up to four weeks
- Remove fine mesh/ gauze's from spray equipment - especially in-line lance filters when applying
- Add the nematodes to a bucket of water and mix thoroughly - do not allow solution to sit longer than 1 hour
- Soil must be regularly watered to ensure that it stays damp for the nematodes to remain active - do not apply during drought
- Cockchafer larvae have a three year life-cycle so annual treatment may be required
50L of water
- Good spray coverage is essential for optimum pest control
- Apply a high volume spray to the turf to ensure penetration into the soil
- Make sure all in-line and nozzle filters are removed
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use. Nemasys G is applied by mixing with water and applying using a knapsack sprayer or boom sprayer. Please make sure filter nozzles are removed before application