Damaging leatherjacket larvae are laid as eggs in lawns during August by the Crane Fly. The withdrawal of chemical insecticides means Nemasys J is now the best and only method to naturally control the leatherjackets by using the beneficial nematodes in Nemaysy J.
The Nemasys J nematodes enter the larvae and stops them feeding within three days of infection. The larvae then die within 10-14 days.
The nematodes complete their life-cycle within the larvae, then enter the soil seeking more hosts, and so the pest control continues naturally.
Contains: 250 million parasitic nematodes
Coverage: Pack treats approx. 500m2
- Contains the insect parasitic nematode Heterohabditis megidis
- Larvae die within 10-14 days
- Will not damage turf and is harmless to pets and wildlife
- Harmful leather jackets are most active August to October and adult beetles July to August
- Apply when soil temperatures are at least 100c from Aug. to Sept.
- Nemasys arrives in a sealed cool box - can be refrigerated for up to four weeks
- Remove fine mesh/ gauze's from spray equipment - especially in-line lance filters when applying
- Add the nematodes to a bucket of water and mix thoroughly - do not allow solution to sit longer than 1 hour
- Soil must be regularly watered to ensure that it stays damp for the nematodes to remain active - do not apply during drought
- Repeat treatment may be required
50L of water
- Good spray coverage is essential for optimum pest control
- Apply a high volume spray to the turf to ensure penetration into the soil
- Make sure all in-line and nozzle filters are removed
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use