Ringer 5 L
Effective control and suppression of worm casts in amenity turf
ALTERNATIVES Reduce worm castings on turf - Amvista Squirm 10 L
Ringer is a worm cast suppressant for lawns, sports and amenity turf.
This product has been withdrawn and was only available for sale until 31/05/17.
- Reduces the number of worm casts without affecting beneficial non-casting worms
- Ringer can be applied immediately after or before rain without reducing effectiveness
- Can be mixed with some wetting agents to enhance results - where soils are proving difficult to wet
- The action on the earthworms is primarily systemic - giving some growth retardation as well as affecting egg production
- It works by reducing feeding and acting as a repellent to the worms, who avoid feeding on the treated areas
- This means that the beneficial worms do not feed on the surface but deeper down - so reducing the likelihood of wormcasts
How to apply Ringer:
- Spray when worms are near to the surface - e.g when rainfall is high, during Spring and Autumn
- In hard water areas it is recommended to use a water conditioner such as KPlus
- This will reduce the lock up of the product and guarantee better results
- Do not spray during drought or on frozen ground
- Aerate compacted soil before treatment as this will help the product to penetrate into the soil profile
- Do not collect grass clippings during the first mowing after treatment
- Treat twice annually for large worm populations - spring & autumn
- Use coarse flat fan nozzles to apply with knapsack
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Ringer Application Rate
|Dilution Rate||4 L||40 ml|
|Water Volume||500 - 1000 L||10 L|
|Area Covered||1 ha / 10,000m2||100 m2|