A post-emergence herbicide for use on managed amenity turf, including lawns, and amenity grassland for the control of daisy, dandelion, clover, buttercup, ribwort plantain and other broad-leaved weeds.
Polax provides outstanding control of broad-leaved weeds including slender speedwell, white clover and creeping buttercup.
- Fast activity on broad range of weeds
- Combines three powerful active ingredients
- Rainfast in just one hour
- Provides weed control down to the roots
- Flexible application rates dependant on target weeds
- Acts as a post-emergence weedkiller, best results will be obtained when the target weeds are actively growing and small
Application notes and guidance:
- Apply to newly sown turf at or beyond the two leaf growth stage
- Do not spray Polax three days before or after mowing
- After treating grass with Polax the grass cuttings/clippings can only safely be re-used after the third cut
- When re-seeding turf, the last application of Polax must be made at least 4 weeks before re-seeding takes place
- Do not apply if turf, lawn or grass is under stress through drought or water logged
- Do not apply during periods of prolonged cold or extreme dry weather, if night temperatures are low, or if ground frost is forecast
- Best results are achieved when weeds are actively growing, and the soil is moist
- Observe weed growth before application, as after prolonged inclement growing conditions weeds may be slow to start active growth
- Take all possible precautions to avoid spray drift on to non-target plants including trees, shrubs and flower borders
2,500 - 5,000 (m2)|
0.62 - 1.24 (acres)
|Contains||80 g/L clopyralid, 2.5 g/L florasulam and 100 g/L fluroxypyr|
|Area of Use||Amenity Grassland, Managed Amenity Turf|
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the industries Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
Hand-held Application Rate
|Trefoil, clover, black medick||10 ml in 2 L water|
|Daisy, dandelion, plantain||15 ml in 2 L water|
|Slender speedwell, buttercup, spear thistle||20 ml in 2 L water|
Boomspray Application Rate
|Trefoil, clover, black medick||1 L/ha in 200 L/ha water|
|Daisy, dandelion, plantain||1.5 L/ha in 200 L/ha water|
|Slender speedwell, buttercup, spear thistle||2 L/ha in 200 L/ha water|
Product Usage Calendar
*KEY - Green = suggested period of use
Safety Sheets (MSDS)
Polax 0.5 L is rated 4.86 stars by Progreen Weed Control Solutions customers based on 7 product reviews