SBK Brushwood Killer 1 L - for control of Tough Woody Weeds
Tough domestic weedkiller for brambles, thistles, nettles and docks. Kills weeds not grass. Does not contain glyphosate.
Concentrated, selective weedkiller for woody and broad-leaved weeds.
Tough weedkiller that is safe for grass but controls woody weeds and saplings. Can also be used as a cut-stump treatment.
If you are wanting this product for control of Horsetail / Marestail, please see out twin pack offer for SBK + K-Plus herbicide improver
Controls tough woody and broad-leaved weeds, contains triclopyr
- Excellent on nettles, brambles and other tough weeds
- Kills weeds not grass
- Does not contain glyphosate
- Can be used as cut stump treatment
- Amateur label- suitable for home use
- Suitable for watering can or pressure sprayer
- Apply when soil is moist and weeds such as brambles, nettles & dock are actively growing
Application notes and guidance:
- Exercise caution when spraying on fine-leaved or quality turf
- Do not apply in drought or freezing conditions
- Leave 6 weeks after spraying before replanting
- For marestail/horsetail control, it may be necessary to spray successive emergences of the weed several times to eradicate the extensive underground root system.
- Once sprayed, do not cut the sprayed weed, but allow the herbicide to translocate down to the root system
- Allow the sprayed weed to wither and die, before removing dead/decayed plant material.
Amvista Spore Stop
To complete the Horsetail control programme Amvista Spore Stop should be used to treat the reproductive brown stems which aggressively spread spores. This will help to prevent its spread and protect neighbouring areas. The use of Spore Stop will help to break the cycle of reestablishment in Marestail populations currently being controlled with Kurtail Evo or SBK alone.
Many paddock owners realise how important it is to control sycamore seedlings if they are grazed by horses and ponies. Some seedlings contain the toxin hypoglycin A and ingestion can cause a potentially fatal condition called equine atypical myopathy. SBK Brushwood Killer is an amateur approved product which allows equine paddock owner who do not hold NPTC sprayer qualifications to still have control over this issue. (For professional use product please see Grazon Pro)
For more information on controlling tree stumps and woody weeds click here
To find out more on how to get rid of brambles, explore here.
To read our blog "How to Get Rid of Woody Weeds with SBK Brushwood Killer", click here.
Learn More About SBK Brushwood Killer 1L
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product
|Contains||48 g/L triclopyr|
Hand-held Application Rate
|Knapsack / Pump Sprayer||20 ml in 1 L water covers 7 m2|
|Watering Can||25 ml in 5 L water covers 8.5 m2|
|Woody Weeds||20 ml in 1 L water, spray to cover leaves, branches & stems|
|Cut Stump Painting||100 ml in 100 ml of water, paint or spray cut surfaces