Leystar 2L - Powerful & Versatile Pasture Weed Killer
Leystar - Selective pasture weedkiller for tough weeds including: dock, thistle, dandelion, buttercup, plantain and chickweed. Apply with knapsack or boom sprayer.
- Buy 2 for £89.87 £74.89 & save 3%
- Buy 3 for £88.20 £73.50 & save 5%
- Buy 4 for £86.52 £72.10 & save 6%
- Buy 5 for £84.00 £70.00 & save 9%
|Weeds Controlled*||Dock, thistle, dandelion, buttercup, daisy, plantain & buttercup. Also has an effect on a large range of other weeds|
Leystar is a powerful grassland and pasture weedkiller which kills down to the roots and can be applied via boom sprayer or knapsack sprayer.
Weed killer for dandelion, buttercup, dock, thistle, daisy, chickweed and many other broad leaved weeds.
- 3 active ingredients and extremely wide weed spectrum
- Herbicide kills to the roots - offering long-term control
- Rainfast in 2 hrs
- Handy pack size treats 5 acres
- Excellent grass safety - can be used on newly established grassland once tillering has started
- Application using a boom sprayer or knapsack
- Apply ‘medium’ spray as defined by BCPC
- Grazing animal exclusion: 7days (longer if poisonous weeds ie ragwort are present)
- There is more of a demand for manure to part replace peat in some manufactured composts and more home-grown vegetable production. As a result products containing clopyralid, such as Leystar, should not be used on grass which is going to be made into hay. This will in turn reduce the likelihood of clopyralid residues being found in manure which would affect sensitive crops.
Recommended appropriate PPE for when using Leystar - Face shield, gloves & coveralls. See our safety clothing bundle for a discounted bundle price
*see Leystar label for all weeds controlled & other top weeds further below
For application timings on key weeds see the Application Rate tab
Application notes and guidance
- For best results apply to weeds which are small and actively growing.
- Broad-leaved weeds not present at application will not be controlled.
- Allow an interval of 4 weeks after application before cutting grass to optimise the effect of the herbicide.
- Do not roll or harrow grass for 10 days before or 7 days after application.
- Do not spray where clover or other legumes are a valuable constituent of the sward.
- Grass seed can be stitched in 1 month after application.
- Clover can be stitched in 3 months after application.
- Grazing can resume just 7 days after application.
- This may need to be longer if foliage of poisonous weeds such as ragwort is present.
- Do not spray in drought, very hot or very cold weather
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When is the last date I can apply Leystar?
A. You are able to use Leystar on newly sown leys up to 31st August and on established grassland up to 30th September.
Learn More About Leystar 2L
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product.
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
|Contains||100g/L Fluroxypyr + 80g/L Clopyralid + 2.5g/L Florasulam|
Boom Sprayer Application Rate
|Perennial and annual grassland weeds - (in 200L/ha)||
1.0l/ha (new leys)
2.0l/ha (established grassland)
Hand-held Application Rate
|Perennial and annual grassland weeds||100 ml in 10 L water covers 500m2|
|New Sown Leys||50 ml in 10 L water covers 500m2|