Propyz 10L – Long Lasting Weed Control around trees and shrubs
Apply in Autumn & Winter to prevent weeds from growing in shrub beds or forestry situations.
Whilst stocks last- We have been advised by the manufacturers that we can sell Propyz until 16th March 2022 and the end user has until 16th March 2023 to use the product in the amenity sector
- Buy 2 for £226.84 £189.03 each and save 5%
- Buy 3 for £222.06 £185.05 each and save 7%
- Buy 4 for £214.90 £179.08 each and save 10%
- Buy 5 for £202.96 £169.13 each and save 15%
Barclay Propyz is a long-lasting total cool weather weed killer for grasses and broad leaved-weeds in amenity situations
Areas around trees & shrubs, rose borders, below hedgerows all need to be kept clear of competing, invasive grasses & weeds
Propyz contains propyzamide which is mobile in the soil and should be applied in cooler weather from late autumn into early winter
- Pre-emergent & post emergence herbicide against annual & perennial grasses- Specific weed species susceptible are: Chickweed, Bindweed, small nettle, Fat hen, Redshank, Knotgrass, small cleavers, buttercup, broadleaved docks & horsetail
- Weeds must be treated at the seedling or young growth stage - mature or established weeds are more likely to be resistant
- Apply around the base of trees, shrubs, roses, bushes & hedgerows in public & Forestry situations (see list below of suitable tree species)
- Soil temps must be lower than 8℃ for the residual effect to last
- Use for longer term grass growth prevention and controlling certain weeds during cooler months
- Apply when soils are moist but not water logged.
- Apply once per year in soils with low organic content (<10%)
Active ingredient: 400g/l propyzamide
Area Covered: 26,660m2
Suitable trees, shrubs & ornamental plants:
Alder, Beech, Berberis darwinii, Buddleia, Chamaecyparis, Wild Cherry, Cotoneaster, Hawthorn, Hemlock, Holly, Larch, Philadelphus, Spruce, Pine, Oaks, Roses, Spirea, Lilacs, Yew, Thuja
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can Propyzamide be used during winter months?
A: Yes! In fact this herbicide needs the soil to be less than 8℃ for it to have long lasting effects on weed control
Q: What is a long lasting weed killer?
A: A long-lasting weed killer prevents weeds from germinating and taking root for up to 6 months (view our full range of long-lasting weed killers here)
Learn More About Propyz 1L
Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product.
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the industries Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
HAND-HELD APPLICATION RATE
|Amenity Vegetation: around shrubs, trees, ornamental plants||42.5ml in 2-5 L water to cover 100m2|
|Forestry, Farm Forestry, forest nursey & hedgerows||37.5ml in 2-5 L water to cover 100m2|
BOOMSPRAY APPLICATION RATE
|Amenity Vegetation: around shrubs, trees, ornamental plants||4.25 L/ha in 200 L/ha water|
|Forestry, Farm Forestry, forest nursey & hedgerows||3.75 L/ha in 200 L/ha water|