Paddock Soil Analysis for Sheep Grazing - all nutrients
A Soil Test for Grazing Sheep will tell you exactly what your paddock needs to produce healthy grass and optimise grazing.
Letting you know the right amount of fertiliser and nutrients to apply - saving on wastage, time and money.
Paddock Soil Analysis for sheep grazing
Progreen employ their own in-house fertiliser experts who can prescribe fertiliser exactly suited to your grass requirements based on your soil test results.
Carrying out this broad spectrum soil analysis will tell us exactly what your paddock requires to produce healthy grass for grazing sheep. Knowing this means you apply the right level of fertiliser without wastage - saving you time and money.
The other benefit of optimum grass growth is that it not only helps the health of the grazing animal but it will also improve the control of weeds such as docks and thistles. A healthy sward keeps weeds at lower levels, which in turn provides more grass for grazing.
How does a soil test work?
- On placing your order we will send over a soil sample bag and addressed pre-paid envelope - this will state your analysis is for grazing sheep.
- Take a number of soil samples from different areas of your plot, until the bag is half full
- Post back your soil to the laboratory for analysis
- Once the results are available our FACTS qualified technical advisors will interpret them and develop a tailored fertiliser programme for your soil
- Results are generally available in around 10 working days after posting to the laboratory
Note: Please include the white A5 sheet with your soil sample, the invoice is for your records. Unfortunately without the white A5 sheet, the laboratory cannot process your analysis.
How to take samples for a soil test?
- Try to take samples from as many points in the area (field, lawn, flower bed etc) to be analysed
- Working in a W shape will give a good overall analysis of the area
- Make sure that you fill the bag until it's half full - if you don't have enough soil the laboratory will not be able to run the full tests
- Do not sample any soil within 3 - 5 days after being sprayed with pesticides or foliar nutrients
Elements analysed are:
The soil pH and cation exchange capacity are also indicated. Information on virtually all plants and crops requirements are held on the database and can be compared with healthy levels, if required.
View a Sample Soil Analysis
Learn More About Paddock Soil Analysis for Sheep Grazing - All Nutrients
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Reviews) to reveal further information on this product