Soil Analysis for Flower Beds
Starting any new landscaping, putting in flower beds, or planting perennials?
A soil analysis of flower beds will give your plants the best chance to establish and thrive and can also save you time and money.
Soil analysis for flower beds
If you're looking to establish new flower beds or simply want your plants to flourish then a soil analysis could be what you are looking for.
A broad spectrum soil analysis will tell you exactly what your flower beds require to support plant growth. It also means that you can save money and time on fertilisers; as you will be applying only what your plants and the soil needs.
All our soil analyses are individually reviewed and interpreted by our in-house fertiliser experts who then produce a tailored report. Once the report is finalised we'll send it back you and then contact you by phone - to take you through your results, make sure you understand it and discussing any actions that may need to be taken.
How does a soil analysis work?
- On placing your order we will send over a soil sample bag and addressed pre-paid envelope
- Take a number of soil samples from different areas of your plot, until the bag is half full
- Post back your soil to the laboratory for analysis
- Once the results are available our FACTS qualified technical advisors will interpret them and develop a tailored fertilizer programme for your soil
- Results are generally available in around 10 working days after posting to the laboratory
Note: Please include the white A5 sheet with your soil sample, the invoice is for your records. Unfortunately without the white A5 sheet, the laboratory cannot process your analysis.
How to carry out a soil analysis:
- Try to take samples from as many points in the area (field, lawn, flower bed etc) to be analysed
- Working in a W shape will give a good overall analysis of the area
- Make sure that you fill the bag until it's half full - if you don't have enough soil the laboratory will not be able to run the full tests
- Do not sample any soil within 3 - 5 days after being sprayed with pesticides or foliar nutrients
Elements analysed are:
The soil pH and cation exchange capacity are also indicated. Information on virtually all plants and crops requirements are held on the database and can be compared with healthy levels, if required.
Due to very high volumes of soil analysis tests currently being processed by the lab and our agronomists we are running slightly behind our usual level of turnaround.
Please be patient whilst we do our best to get results back to you as quickly as we possibly can.
View a Sample Soil Analysis
Learn More About Soil Analysis for Flower Beds
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Reviews) to reveal further information on this product