Soil tests for lawns and amenity turf
A broad spectrum soil test will tell us exactly what your lawn/amenity turf requires to produce healthy grass. Carrying out a test also means that can save money and time on the fertilisers that you need to apply; as you only apply what your plants and soils need.
All our soil analyses are individually reviewed and interpreted by our in-house fertiliser experts who will then produce a tailored report. Once the report is finalised it will be sent back to you, we will then give you a call to take you through your results and discuss any actions that may be needed.
If you have healthy grass there are not only visual benefits but strong fast growing grass is known to be able to outcompete invading weeds. So not only are you saving time and money on fertilisers by carrying out a soil analysis you can also save yourself time and money on weed control also!
How does a soil analysis work?
- On placing your order we will send over a soil sample bag and addressed pre-paid envelope
- Take a number of soil samples from different areas of your plot, until the bag is half full
- Post back your soil to the laboratory for analysis
- Once the results are available our FACTS qualified technical advisors will interpret them and develop a tailored fertilizer programme for your soil
- Results are generally available in around 7 - 10 working days
Note: Please include the white A5 sheet with your soil sample, the invoice is for your records. Unfortunately without the white A5 sheet, the laboratory cannot process your analysis.
How to carry out a soil analysis:
- Try to take samples from as many points in the area (field, lawn, flower bed etc) to be analysed
- Working in a W shape will give a good overall analysis of the area
- Make sure that you fill the bag until it's half full - if you don't have enough soil the laboratory will not be able to run the full tests
- Do not sample any soil within 3 - 5 days after being sprayed with pesticides or foliar nutrients
Elements analysed are:
The soil pH and cation exchange capacity are also indicated. Information on virtually all plants and crops requirements are held on the database and can be compared with healthy levels, if required.
View a Sample Soil Analysis
Soil Analysis for Lawns / Amenity Turf is rated 4.00 stars by Progreen Weed Control Solutions customers based on 1 product reviews