Do you need Pesticide Training?
Were you born before 31st December 1964 currently spraying under Grandfather Rights?
Under the new requirements a training certificate or Certificate of Competence is required for anyone who is going to apply any professional product. The City and Guilds Level 2 safe Use of Pesticides Replacing Grandfather Rights will give you the qualification to continue to use professional use products on your own land.
We have a one day course hosted at our purpose built training rooms in Bourne, South Lincs. We can accommodate limited numbers, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Please see below for course details:
Mandatory Option Unit 51 - The Principles of the Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides on own Land covering:
- Know the legislative requirements and codes of practice relating to the use of pesticides on own land.
- Understand the relevance of pesticide product information.
- Understand how to minimise the risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures.
- Know how to store and transport pesticides safely.
- Know how to manage and dispose of surplus pesticide and waste materials.
- Know the record keeping requirements.
- Understand how to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures.
Option Unit 52 - Hand Held Application of Pesticides on Own Land covering:
- Know the legislative and safety regulation relating to applicator use on own land.
- Be able to assess the environmental factors relating to mixing and application.
- Be able to read and interpret pesticide product information.
- Be able to prepare and calibrate a hand held pedestrian sprayer or applicator.
- Be able to operate the application equipment to apply pesticide on own land.
- Be able to carry out post-operational procedures.
Lunch and refreshments are included, plus local accommodation is available at great rates if required.
Please arrive for an 8.30am start, to approx 4.30pm / 5pm. There is free parking on site.
- We have a one day course hosted at our purpose built training rooms in Bourne, South Lincs.
- We can accommodate limited numbers so please book early to avoid disappointment.
For more information please contact us.