This short update and pesticides training refresher course is designed for experienced and novice users of pesticides.
Primarily focused on the use of professional pesticides in knapsack sprayers it offers a refresher on elements of the NPTC PA6 spray training such as; reading labels, nozzle recognition, knapsack sprayer calibration and calculation.
It also expands on the basic information to make it more relevant to users with information on current product availability, product licensing and an introduction to weed identification.
The course includes:
Current legislation re-cap
- PPPR (2012)
- Code of Practice
Active ingredients – approval process – glyphosate latest
- Annexe 1
- Glyphosate approval – the history
- Actives guidelines
Reading the label – decoding the terminology, what to look for
- Max dose rate
- Water volumes
- Areas of use, Crops, situations
- Mixing & filling
- What do they do
- What is out there
- Nozzle characteristics & spray patterns
- ‘Reading’ a nozzle
- Reducing drift
- Handheld options
- What next ?
Knapsacks – regular care, common fails, maintenance
- Knapsack types, characteristics
- Pressure loss? Uneven spray patterns
- Calibration & calculation refresher
Spray records – choice?
- Current requirements
- What should I record?
- Common weeds – lawns or total weedkiller
- Best active for which weed
- Worst weeds?
Q & A
- 8.30 -12pm (unless otherwise advised)
- Free parking on site
- Hosted in Bourne, Lincs
For more information or to bring this training course to you please contact us.