Kurtail Evo - Mares Tail Herbicide
KURTAIL EVO (Kurtail Gold / Kibosh) - EXCLUSIVE TO PROGREEN
The Kurtail family of products is the UK No. 1 choice of weed killer for controlling and killing horsetail / mares tail (Equisetum arvense)
Effective on killing and controlling Horsetail (Marestail)
Kurtail Evo is based on two weed killer active ingredients glyphosate and 2,4-D that combine in a lipophilic action to maximise uptake. Both of these weedkillers contribute to mares tail control and this ensures that Kurtail Evo maintains it’s position as the best weed killer for mares tail control.
PLUS NEW Kurtail Evo now controls an even larger range of weeds than Kurtail Gold:
AREA OF USE:
- Approved for use on amenity vegetation, hard surfaces (railway ballast), orchards, amenity grassland (destruction), green cover on land not being used for crop production, and stubbles
- Can be used as an alternative to straight glyphosate products – giving a faster speed of action
- Ideal for total grassland destruction where additional weeds are present using a boom sprayer only
- Improve mares tail control further (especially in hard water areas) by adding Kplus+ to your spray tank just like Kurtail Gold
- Save money and buy Kurtail Evo & KPlus as a bundle
- For control of marestail when applying with a knapsack or hand held sprayer we suggest SBK Brush Wood Killer with KPlus
- Improved control of difficult to kill weeds such as docks and thistles
- Do not use under polythene or glass
- Allow 5 days after spraying Kurtail Evo before applying lime, fertiliser, farmyard manure or other pesticides
- Do not use alongside hedges
- Kurtail Evo is not a selective weedkiller. Protect plants and grass you do not want to damage from overspray or drift
- Effective on killing and controlling horsetail (marestail)
- No need to bruise or damage the plant
- Apply to growing weeds that are green and 20cm+
- Treated weeds will turn black and wither within 2 - 3 weeks
- Rainfast in 3 hours
- Re-seeding possible from 5 - 60 days after application (see product label for crops timings)
- Vegetables should be planted 60 days after application of Kurtail Evo
- Fast acting, non-selective herbicide
- Results seen in 10 – 14 days
- Best results when applied between 1st March and 30th September
- Also controls a wide range of annual and perennial weeds
- Various pack sizes to suit smaller or larger scale users
- Can be sprayed with a boom sprayer at same rate as Kurtail Gold
- NB: NOT recommended for use in a watering can
- After spraying, wash out with water and a proprietary cleaner such as Allclear Extra or Tank and Equipment Cleaner to avoid damage to susceptible plants
Application notes and guidance:
- Horsetail is often called mare's tail but this is more accurately an aquatic weed (hippuris vulgaris). The correct latin name for horsetail is Equisetum arvense or ‘field horsetail’.NB: Kurtail Evo is not approved for aquatic use.
- Its root system is extremely vigorous and can grow very deep which is why it can regenerate after treatment and cultural controls, such as digging or rotorvating, will only spread and multiply the problem in the short term. Please phone us if you intend to build over treated areas...eg, tarmac drives
- It is preferable to allow the horsetail / mares tail weed to wither and die naturally before cutting or removing the weed. If this is not possible, then a minimum of 3 weeks should elapse before cutting or removing. Any horsetail/mares tail roots which emerge after treatment will require respraying.
- Spraying of mare's tail should not take place if rainfall is due within 3 hours (minimum), 24 hours is preferable for best results.
- Horsetail is best sprayed when it is 6-8" tall (15-20cm) rather than when it first emerges.
- Non-tallow amine formulation
- Please read the label before use.
- It is often necessary to retreat the same area several times as distinct root fragments emerge over time and reach the target height for spraying (6-8")
Kurtail Evo is a registered trademark of Progreen Weed Control Ltd.
Hard Water Effect on Marestail Control:
The effectiveness of many weedkillers can be reduced by some of the ingredient being “locked up” especially in hard water areas. We can help reduce this problem and maximise it’s effect on marestail by simply adding KPlus+. to the spraytank.
Learn More About Kurtail Evo
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS Reviews) to reveal further information on this product
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the industries Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
|Coverage||1,000m2 (0.5 L) or 2,000m2 (1 L) or 10,000m2 (5 L)|
|Contains||160 g / l 2,4-D and 240 g / l glyphosate|
Please check the calibration of your boom sprayer before starting application
|Amount of Kurtail Evo||Volume of Water||Coverage||Weeds Controlled|
|25ml||1L||50m2||Horsetail, Bramble, Dock, Ragwort, Perennial Grasses & Weeds|
|Horsetail, Bramble, Dock, Ragwort, Perennial Grasses & Weeds|