ProShield 5L - Long Lasting Weed killer with free nozzles
This long lasting weed killer is a pre and post-emergent non-selective herbicide.
Fast acting glyphosate controls the weeds already present. Diflufenican will keep new weeds away for up to 6 months.
|Controls a wide range of annual and perennial broad leaved weeds - Plus protects against further weed re-growth for up to 6 months
*see Proshield product label for more details
Pro-Shield is non-selective herbicide for control of annual and perennial weeds on natural surfaces not intended to bear vegetation, permeable surfaces overlaying soil, and hard surfaces (railway ballast only) ie. soft surfaces, gravel, soil, hardcore, chippings.
Not only will it control weeds and grasses that are present it will also keep weeds away for a longer by stopping future re-growth,
Supplied with 2 Anvil or Deflector nozzles Free of Charge(see image) - Perfect for applying total herbicides through a knapsack sprayer. 1 x Yellow Anvil nozzle (0.6l/min) - 1 x Blue Anvil nozzle (1.8l/min)
- A fast acting weed killer, with rapid knockdown and kill, plus an added barrier that prevents weed germination for up to 6 months
- Results seen within 8 - 10 days
- Rainfast within 1 hour
- Classified as non-hazardous/non-irritant for the operator
- Contains highly effective, proven new chemistry
- ProShield has foliar absorbed translocated activity, combined with soil acting properties, providing pre-emergence weed control. It is applied post-emergence to control a wide range of annual and perennial broad-leaved weeds.
How Proshield works:
This long lasting weed killer works because it contains two very useful active ingredients glyphosate and diflufenican.
- Glyphosate - The glyphosate works by moving through the targeted weed (translocation) right down to the roots - being absorbed via the leaves. The results are a quick rapid knockdown and a kill to the roots as well as the foliage.
- Difuflenican (DFF) - This works by being extremely hydrophobic. which means it adheres to the soil surface and forms a chemical barrier. This barrier prevents the weeds from germinating and further regrowing.
- Proshield can be used as a cost effective alternative to Pistol Total Herbicide - containing the same active ingredients of 40 g/L diflufenican and 250 g/L of glyphosate
Application notes and guidance:
- Use post-emergence to control a wide range of annual & perennial broad leaved weeds and grasses
- Apply at any time, however weeds must be growing actively.
- Best results are achieved when the target weeds are small
- Apply using a medium to fine spray, in dry non-windy conditions
- Ideally do not apply in the heat of the day, or when rain is forecast as this may affect your weed kill results
- Do not add any wetting agent or wetting oil as this may result in reduce the products effectiveness
- Do not apply if plants are stressed - i.e under drought conditions or waterlogged as reduced levels of control may result
- Avoid drift onto non-target plants, this includes: leaf surfaces, young bark or suckers of valued plants. As this can result in permanent damage or death of nearby plants
Learn More About ProShield 5L
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product.
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
|250 g/L glyphosate and 40 g/L diflufenican
Hand-held Application Rate
|Perennial broad-leaved weeds and grasses
|45ml in 3L water to cover 100m2
Boomspray Application Rate
|Perennial broad-leaved weeds and grasses
|4.5 L/ha in 200 - 400 L/ha water