Roundup ProActive 5 L - Glyphosate Weedkiller
Legal for use in public spaces and classified as non-hazardous by COSHH, Roundup ProActive is one of the industry's most popular glyphosate weed killers. A re-branded version of Roundup ProBio 360, this outstanding formulation is both safe and effective, delivering rapid results. If you're looking for a total weedkiller, ProAcive is a solid choice.
Roundup is a tried and tested brand of glyphosate weedkiller, used by professionals looking for quick results
ProActive is the successor to ProBio 360. It contains the same highly researched blend of surfactants as its predecessor, reulting in a 'clean' label total weedkiller that shows highly efficient activity at the leaf and improved performance compared to older style glyphosates.
Suitable for the control of annual, perennial and broad-leaved weeds, Roundup ProActive 5L contains 360g/L of glyphosate, in-line with the industry standard. This all-important ingredient works by blocking the plant's enzyme system. The enzymes present in plants do not occue in humans, animals, birds or fish, making the product safe for everything except green plants.
What you need to know
Not used this product before? Here's a list of its key features and applications.
- Suitable for the control of annual, perennial and broad-leaved weeds
- Rainfast in one hour on annual weeds and within four hours on perennial weeds
- Contains 360g/l glyphosate, which works by blocking the plant's enzyme system. The enzymes present in plants do not occur in humans, animals, birds or fish. Hence, Roundup ProActive is safe for everything except green plants
- Contains a patented mix of two adjuvants for outstanding weed control
- Retention, uptake and translocation are enhanced so more glyphosate gets into the plant
- Non-hazardous as classifed by COSHH
- Biodegrades in soil and water
- New low-drift properties for best practice herbicide application
- Reliable effect in hard water areas
- Approved for control of Japanese Knotweed via foliar application, stem filling, stem injection or by hand-help weed wiper
Areas of use
As this is a total weedkiller, take care when using this product around grass or desirable plants.
It can be used safely on pathways, patios, gravel, block paving and all other hard standing areas.
It's also suitable for aquatic weed control. In this scenario, recommend adding TopFilm Oneshot, a herbicide improver.
If you're unsure which type of equipment to choose, please don't hesitate to ask for advice.
- Knapsack sprays should be applied with a pressure not exceeding 2 bar
- Applications with a Rotary Atomiser should be applied with a minimum droplet diameter of 200 microns at a rate of 10-40 L/ ha
- Knapsack sprayers will, on average, deliver 10 L spray solution per 500m2 (200 L/ ha) when sprayed with a 1m spray width at a walking pace of 1m/s
- Different application rates apply for VLV (Low Volume nozzles) e.g.: 10 L / 1,000m2 (100 L/ ha) using a nozzle pressure of 1.5 bar
- Bracken should be treated once the fronds are fully open but before it begins to turn yellow in late summer
- Aquatic reeds are best treated August-September
We deliver across the UK mainland, with a variation of options to suit your requiements. Learn more about them today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Roundup ProActive a selective weed killer?
No, it is a total weed killer that works on all kinds of green plants, grass included.
Is Roundup ProActive a professional pesticide?
Yes, it has been designed for professional use. It must be used in accordance with industry regulations.
What kind of PPE should I use with this product?
As per the MSDS, we recommend using chemical resistant gloves and eye protection with this product
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
|360 g/L glyphosate
Hand-held Application Rate
|150 ml to 10 L water
|Cut-stump application (coniferous)
|200 ml to 1 L water (max. 20% solution)
|Perennial broad-leaved weeds e.g. Japanese knotweed, Bracken
|250 ml to 10 L water
|Aquatic weeds: floating weeds, water lilies
|300 ml to 10 L water
|500 ml to 10 L water
|1 L to 2.25 L water
Boomspray Application Rate
|Annual grasses and weeds
|3 L/ha to 200 L/ha water
|Perennial broad-leaved weeds: ragwort, rushes, clover, yellow rattle
|5 L/ha to 200 L/ha water
|Aquatic weeds: floating weeds, water lilies
|6 L/ha to 200 L/ha water
Discover the optimal times to use this product using the calendar below: