DiPel DF - 500G - Biological Control of Caterpillars
Natural, biological insecticide for controlling caterpillars in many crop and amenity situations including box hedging (buxus), trees and forestry.
Dipel DF is a natural, biological insecticide to control caterpillars in vegetables, soft fruit, ornamentals, box hedging (buxus), trees, forestry and amenity vegetation. Also effective on Brown Tail Moth and Oak Processionary Moth.
Progreen also exclusively market an alternative product in 0.5 and 1Kg packs - see Bruco
Active Ingredient: Naturally occuring micro-organism - Bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki (BtK)
Coverage: 1.66 ac (0.5kg)
- Easy to mix water disperible granule
- Acts quickly on caterpillar larvae - giving control within 24 - 72 hours
- Biodegradable - leaves no detrimental residue,
- Formulated from a naturally occurring micro-organism
- Can be used in a programme with conventional insecticides or integrated pest management strategies.
- Short harvest interval, 1 day on edible crops.
When and how to use:
- Apply Dipel DF as soon as the first larvae are seen, preferably during an active feeding period.
- Repeat every 7-10 days until the end of the hatching period.
- Avoid high sunlight intensity or temperatures above the general 20C range.
- Rainfast in 6 hours.
Recommendations for use:
- Crops - Outdoor cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, outdoor and protected ornamentals, amenity vegetation, strawberries, raspberries, protected tomato, cucumber and pepper
- Amenity situation - Can be used for control of Brown Tail and Oak Processionary in trees and shrubs and caterpillar control in box hedging.
Learn More About DiPel DF
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product
|Outdoor Cabbage*, Brussel Sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli||Outdoor and protected ornamentals||Amenity vegetation||Strawberries, Raspberries||Protected Tomato, Cucumber and Pepper|
|0.75 – 1.0 kg/ha**||0.75 kg/ha||0.75 kg/ha||75 g/100 L water||100 g/100 L water|
Typical knapsack application rate - 15g in 10L water to cover 200m2
*In case of infestation with cabbage moth Mamestra brassicae, use higher rate.
** Use lower rate for normal infestations of young larvae and higher rate for heavier infestations of advanced growth stages of pest.