DiPel DF - 500G - Biological Control of Caterpillars
A natural, biological insecticide for controlling caterpillars across many crop and amenity situations. Ideal for box hedging (buxus), trees and forestry.
Dipel DF is a natural, biological insecticide to control caterpillars in vegetables, soft fruit, ornamentals, box hedging (buxus), trees, forestry and amenity vegetation. Also effective on Brown Tail Moth and Oak Processionary Moth.
Active Ingredient: Naturally occuring micro-organism - Bacillus thuringiensis var kurstaki (BtK)
Coverage: 1.66 ac (0.5kg)
- Easy to mix water disperible granule
- Acts quickly on caterpillar larvae - giving control within 24 - 72 hours
- Biodegradable - leaves no detrimental residue,
- Formulated from a naturally occurring micro-organism
- Can be used in a programme with conventional insecticides or integrated pest management strategies.
- Short harvest interval, 1 day on edible crops.
When and how to use:
- Apply Dipel DF as soon as the first larvae are seen, preferably during an active feeding period.
- Repeat every 7-10 days until the end of the hatching period.
- Avoid high sunlight intensity or temperatures above the general 20C range.
- Rainfast in 6 hours.
Recommendations for use:
- Crops - Outdoor cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, outdoor and protected ornamentals, amenity vegetation, strawberries, raspberries, protected tomato, cucumber and pepper
- Amenity situation - Can be used for control of Brown Tail and Oak Processionary in trees and shrubs and caterpillar control in box hedging.
Learn More About DiPel DF
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
|Outdoor Cabbage*, Brussel Sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli||Outdoor and protected ornamentals||Amenity vegetation||Strawberries, Raspberries||Protected Tomato, Cucumber and Pepper|
|0.75 – 1.0 kg/ha**||0.75 kg/ha||0.75 kg/ha||75 g/100 L water||100 g/100 L water|
Typical knapsack application rate - 15g in 10L water to cover 200m2
*In case of infestation with cabbage moth Mamestra brassicae, use higher rate.
** Use lower rate for normal infestations of young larvae and higher rate for heavier infestations of advanced growth stages of pest.