Kurtail Evo Horsetail Killer & K Plus Bundle
The tried and tested brand for controlling horsetail / marestail for over ten years.
Kurtail Evo & KPlus (spray improver) mixed together, maximise results on this target weed.
Professional product - for boom spray application only. For knapsack application see SBK & Kplus Bundle
Need advice? The ProGreen Team has years of experience in controlling mare's tail / horse tail. Call 01778 394052.
Excellent for controlling and killing horsetail (mare’s tail)
Kurtail Evo (previously known as kurtail Gold / Kibosh) is EXCLUSIVE to ProGreen.
Our Kurtail family of products are the UK’s number 1 choice of weed killer for killing & controlling horsetail/mare’s tail (Equisetum arvense).
Area of Use:
- Permitted for application on amenity vegetation, hard surfaces, amenity grassland, stubbles, orchards & green cover on land not being used for crop production.
- Also effective in controlling tough weeds such as thistles & docks.
- Not to be used under glass or polythene
- This product is NOT a selective weed killer, it will kill all grasses and most broad leaved weeds.
- After applying, allow a 5 day period before any application of fertiliser, farmyard manure, lime or other pesticides.
- This product is approved for boom spray application only. If you are looking for a product to apply through a knapsack, take a look at SBK Brushwood Killer with Kplus+.
- Bruising/damaging the plant is not necessary with this product
- Application to growing horsetail should be made when they are still green & 20cm+ in height
- Weeds that have been treated with Kurtail Evo will turn black & deteriorate in 2-3 weeks – with results generally starting to be seen in 10 – 14 days
- Safe from being washed away by rain in just 3 hours
- From 5-60 days after applying Kurtail Evo, re-seeding will be possible (check the product label for exact crop timings)
- Fast-acting, non-selective herbicide
- To maintain the best control of horsetail weeds, Kurtail Evo should be applied between 1st March & 30th September
- As well as being highly effective on killing horsetail, Kurtail Evo can also control many other annual & perennial weeds
- Once you have finished spraying it is important to clean the spray tank with water & a cleaner. We would recommend AllClear Extra or Tank & equipment cleaner to avoid damage to susceptible plants.
Application notes & guidance:
The horsetail weed’s root system is highly vigorous & can grow extremely deep so the weed can re-establish after treatment. Using cultural methods such as rotavating or digging will only multiply the problem in the short term.
Allowing the mare’s tail weed to wither & die on its own before cutting & removing the weed is preferential. If, however, this is not possible, a minimum of 3 weeks should be left before you begin cutting or removing the weed. If any horsetail roots emerge after treatment, these will need respraying. It can be necessary that certain areas need retreating multiple times to kill all parts of the plant as different root fragments can appear over time. These will again need to be left until they are the height of 6-8” before spraying.
Ideally the Kurtail Evo should be on the weeds for 24 hours without rainfall to achieve best results.
Kurtail Evo is a non-tallow amine formulation
Ensure you read the product label before use.
Kurtail Evo is a registered trademark of ProGreen Weed Control Ltd.
Hard Water Effect on Marestail Control:
Many weed killers effectivity can be weakened as a result of hard water. Our product Kplus+ can help reduce this issue & increase Kurtail Evo’s efficacy on marestail. Kplus+ is simply mixed together with Kurtail Evo in the spray tank & then applied to the weeds as normal.
Kplus Hard Water Conditioner - Improves weed killer performance
Ideal for use in hard water areas where rapid results are required. Hard water 'locks up' the herbicide into an unusable form - typically losing more than 20% effectiveness.
Hard water conditioner for herbicides
- Unique water conditioner containing 40% w/w activated ammonium sulphate in a specialist formulation ensuring increased activity from glyphosate & other pesticides
- Improves rainfastness & quicker knockdown of weeds
PG TOP TIP: Add KPlus+ to the water BEFORE adding the herbicide
Water usually makes up over 95% of a spray solution, therefore it can have a huge impact on spray results. Hard water normally contains high levels of calcium. With some herbicides, high levels of calcium can render herbicides ineffective. KPlus+ acidifies spray water, offers better leaf coverage & improves herbicide uptake in the target weed.
Amvista Spore Stop
To complete the Horsetail control programme Amvista Spore Stop should be used to treat the reproductive brown stems which spread spores. This will help to prevent its spread & protect neighbouring areas.
Learn More About Kurtail Evo and K Plus Bundle
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product.
- Further information on the use of this product can be found here.
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
|1,000m2 (0.5 L) or 2,000m2 (1 L) or 10,000m2 (5 L)
|160 g / l 2,4-D, 240 g / l glyphosate & 40% w/w activated ammonium sulphate
Please check the calibration of your boom sprayer before starting application
|Amount of Kurtail Evo
|Amount of KPlus+
|Volume of Water
|Horsetail, Bramble, Dock, Ragwort, Perennial Grasses & Weeds
|Horsetail, Bramble, Dock, Ragwort, Perennial Grasses & Weeds