Mascot Systemic 5 L
Mascot Systemic is a worm cast suppressant that controls worm casts without damaging activity from beneficial worm species.
ALTERNATIVES Click here for Ringer 5 L worm cast suppressant
Use Mascot Systemic as a worm cast suppressange on established lawns, sports and amenity turf.
FOR AN EQUIVALENT PRODUCT SEE OUR LISTING FOR RINGER: HERE
- Controls wormcasts without affecting beneficial non-casting worms
- Effectiveness will not be reduced by rain or watering after application
- Safe to use on a wide range of turfgrass varieties
- Can be mixed with some wetting agents to enhance results - where soils are proving difficult to wet
- The action on the earthworms is primarily systemic - giving some growth retardation as well as effecting egg production
- It works by reducing feeding and acting as a repellent to the worms, who avoid feeding on the treated areas.
- This means that the beneficial worms do not feed on the surface but deeper down - so reducing the likelihood of wormcasts
How to apply Mascot Systemic:
- Spray when worms are near to the surface - e.g during Spring and Autumn
- In hard water areas it is recommended to use a water conditioner such as KPlus
- This will reduce the lock up of the product and guarantee better results
- Do not spray during drought periods or when the ground is frozen
- Aerate compacted soil before treatment as this will help the product to penetrate into the soil
- Do not collect grass clippings from the first mowing after treatment
- If the worm population is large it is recommended to treat at four month intervals e.g. treat in Spring and Autumn
Avoid spraying during drought or when the ground is frozen. Aerate compacted soils prior to treatment to aid penetration. Rain or irrigation after treatment will not reduce performance. Do not box clippings from first mowing after treatment. For large populations repeat treatment at four-month intervals e.g. treat in spring and autumn.
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
| 500 - 1,000 L of water
|Knapsack Sprayer|| 40 ml
(+ 15 ml* Crossfire 480)
|10 L of water||100 m2
Rate: 400 ml in a minimum of 100 litres of water will treat 1,000 m2
*Crossfire is a chlopyrifos based product which can be used to for Crane Fly control when tank mixed with Mascot Systemic