Mascot Systemic 5 L
Mascot Systemic is a worm cast suppressant that controls worm casts without damaging activity from beneficial worm species.
ALTERNATIVES Click here for Ringer 5 L worm cast suppressant
Use Mascot Systemic as a worm cast suppressange on established lawns, sports and amenity turf.
FOR AN EQUIVALENT PRODUCT SEE OUR LISTING FOR RINGER: HERE
- Controls wormcasts without affecting beneficial non-casting worms
- Effectiveness will not be reduced by rain or watering after application
- Safe to use on a wide range of turfgrass varieties
- Can be mixed with some wetting agents to enhance results - where soils are proving difficult to wet
- The action on the earthworms is primarily systemic - giving some growth retardation as well as effecting egg production
- It works by reducing feeding and acting as a repellent to the worms, who avoid feeding on the treated areas.
- This means that the beneficial worms do not feed on the surface but deeper down - so reducing the likelihood of wormcasts
How to apply Mascot Systemic:
- Spray when worms are near to the surface - e.g during Spring and Autumn
- In hard water areas it is recommended to use a water conditioner such as KPlus
- This will reduce the lock up of the product and guarantee better results
- Do not spray during drought periods or when the ground is frozen
- Aerate compacted soil before treatment as this will help the product to penetrate into the soil
- Do not collect grass clippings from the first mowing after treatment
- If the worm population is large it is recommended to treat at four month intervals e.g. treat in Spring and Autumn
Avoid spraying during drought or when the ground is frozen. Aerate compacted soils prior to treatment to aid penetration. Rain or irrigation after treatment will not reduce performance. Do not box clippings from first mowing after treatment. For large populations repeat treatment at four-month intervals e.g. treat in spring and autumn.
| 500 - 1,000 L of water
|Knapsack Sprayer|| 40 ml
(+ 15 ml* Crossfire 480)
|10 L of water||100 m2
Rate: 400 ml in a minimum of 100 litres of water will treat 1,000 m2
*Crossfire is a chlopyrifos based product which can be used to for Crane Fly control when tank mixed with Mascot Systemic