Adjuvants, Wetters & Spreaders
When an adjuvant is mixed with a pesticide such as a weed killer it helps to enhance its effectiveness and overall results. There are two main types of adjuvants; activators and specific purpose adjuvants.
Wetters work by reducing surface tension between spray droplets and the target surface being sprayed resulting in more active ingredient coming into contact. Using both wetters and spreaders generally means there’s a more rapid or better uptake by the target organism, which can mean pesticide dose rates can be reduced. These may also make the product more rain fast again improving your results.
Other adjuvants such as oils have the ability to penetrate and soften the wax cuticle of the spray target. This usually improves the penetration of the active ingredient. An oil adjuvant such as Biosyl is often beneficial when combined with a glyphosate to control older ivy.
Oil adjuvants also work in the same way on insects and fungal tissues.
- £26.45 + VAT £31.74 inc VAT
- £33.17 + VAT £39.80 inc VAT
- £24.00 + VAT £28.80 inc VAT
- £7.37 + VAT £8.84 inc VAT
- £19.00 + VAT £22.80 inc VAT
- £15.00 + VAT £18.00 inc VAT
- £46.98 + VAT £56.38 inc VAT
- £37.94 + VAT £45.53 inc VAT
- £130.00 + VAT £156.00 inc VAT