Acelepryn - Leatherjacket and Chafer Grub Control
Acelepryn is an insecticide used for the control of Chafer Grub and Leatherjacket larvae in grass. As of Spring 2023 it is also approved for use by professionals in commercial and residential lawns.
In stock and available for immediate despatch.
Acelepryn is a new insecticide that has been given approval to be used for the control of Chafer Grubs and Leatherjackets in golf courses, airfields, racecourses and gallops, bowls greens and also now lawns. This is now the only insecticidal solution for control of leather jacket and chafer grub in many of these situations.
Acelepryn is best used preventatively before infestations become seriously damaging as Acelepryn is only effective against young larvae and larger grubs won’t be controlled.
This product controls:
- Chafer Grubs (larvae)
- Cockchafer (Melolontha Melolontha)
- Summer Chafer (Amphimallon solstitialis)
- Welsh Chafer (Hoplia Philanthus)
- Garden Chafer (Phyllopertha horticola)
- Leatherjackets (Tipula spp.)
Key Application Information:
- Maximum of 1 application per year
- 5m buffer zone is required near water
- The area to be treated should be mown prior to treatment to allow spray to reach the soil more efficiently.
- The treated area should be irrigated after application to draw the pest species toward the surface.
- If soil has become hydrophobic due to dry patch then Amvista Soil Soaker Wetting Agent should be used before application to allow the treatment to move through the soil profile.
- Chafer grubs: Apply once peak flight has been observed (typically June).
- Leatherjackets: Adult crane fly activity may not peak until mid-October. Always check peak flight has occurred for application timing.
- Sites with historic high pressure have increased probability of re-infestation. Follow reports of adult activity and record sightings on Pest Tracker at: syngentaturf.co.uk/turf-pest-tracker
For further information on how to get the best out of applications please read the technical document, the product label and SDS on the label/SDS tab.
Call us on 01778 394052 to find out more about this product and speak to one of our BASIS qualified advisers to see if this product is suitable for use in your area.
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
|200 g/L Chlorantraniliprole
8ml in 10L of water to cover 133m2
0.6L per hectare in 500-1000L per hectare of water