A1 Equine - Horse & Pony (without rye) + Herbs 14 kg
A ryegrass-free grass seed including a 5 herb mix for supplying vital trace elements and improving animal digestion. The established grass will be lower in sugar than tradional rye grass paddocks, making this the ideal product to reduce the incidence of laminitus.
Control weeds in newly established paddocks with Envy Weed Killer
- Buy 12 for £76.61 £76.61 & save 1%
- Buy 20 for £74.98 £74.98 & save 3%
Paddock grass seed mix non-rye (with herbs) - seed and herbs mixed together
This paddock grass seed mix has been developed due to some concerns that have grown up about ryegrass and horses. These are as follows: -
- Ryegrass varieties that have been developed for cattle are thought to have a high yield and it is thought that this is not always healthy for horses
- There may be a link between high levels of sugar in ryegrass (some varieties) which is believed to increase the risk of laminitis
Because of the above many horse owners have switched to non ryegrass based mixtures.
This product can be supplied without herbs here.
- Ryegrass-free for a dense, hard-wearing sward
- No ryegrass means a reduction in the amount of sugars available to the grazing animal
- Ideal for restricted intake diets, heavy grazers or older animals who do not require a rich diet and are prone to laminitis
- Also suited to heavier, wetter and difficult soil types, unsuitable to ryegrass based seed mixes.
Additional Key Benefits of the Herb Mix:
- Herbs grown in amongst grazing grass can provide better nutrition and vital trace elements where needed
Seed Mix With Herbs:
- 30% Meadow fescue
- 20% Timothy
- 20% Strong Creeping Red Fescue
- 15% Sheeps fescue
- 15% Smooth stalked meadow grass
- 25% CHOICE Chicory
- 25% Sheeps Burnet
- 5% Yarrow
- 10% Sheeps Parsley
- 35% TONIC/RANGER Plantain
Learn More About A1 Equine - Horse & Pony (without rye) + herbs
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product.
Hand-held Application Rate
|Paddocks and grazing||14 kg bag per acre|