Soil Analysis for Growing Garden Vegetables
Starting or maintaining a vegetable garden? You need to make sure you have healthy soil,
This vegetable soil analysis will tell you your soils condition and if more nutrients are needed. This soil test targets main crops - brassicas, carrots, potatoes and tomatoes. Other soil analysis are available on request.
A broad spectrum soil test for vegetables will tell you exactly what your vegetable plot requires to produce a healthy crop. Getting your soil pH and fertilising levels right will really increase your harvest, but knowing where you are starting from is vitally important.
Not only will getting the levels right help your vegetables grow, but it means you can target exactly what they need. So less time wasted and money spent on products that may not be needed.
All our soil analyses are individually reviewed and interpreted by our in-house fertiliser experts who then produce a tailored report. Once the report is finalised we will send it back you and give you a call - to take you through your results, make sure you understand it and discussing any actions that you may need to take as a result of the analysis.
How does a vegetable soil analysis work?
- Once you've placed your order we'll send over a soil sample bag and addressed pre-paid envelope
- A number of soil samples should then be taken from different areas of the plot that you want analysing
- Once the back is a least half full, post back your soil to the laboratory for analysis
- When the results come back our FACTS qualified technical advisors will interpret them and develop a tailored fertiliser programme for your soil
- Results are generally available in around 10 working days after posting to the laboratory
Note: Please include the white A5 sheet with your soil sample, the invoice is for your records. Unfortunately without the white A5 sheet, the laboratory cannot process your analysis.
Not all crops require the same nutrients so this is where the benefit of a soil analysis targeted at a specific crop can really come in. There are far more analysis that can be done so if you can't see the one you what you want please contact us as we may be able to help.
How to carry out a soil analysis:
- Take samples from as many points in the area (field, lawn, flower bed etc) to be analysed
- Work in a W shape taking samples across the area, this will give a good overall analysis
- Fill the bag up until it's half full - not enough soil will mean that the tests won't be able to be run in full
- Soil samples should not be taken within 3 - 5 days of spraying pesticides or foliar nutrients
Elements analysed are:
The soil pH and cation exchange capacity are also indicated. Information on virtually all plants and crops requirements are held on the database and can be compared with healthy levels.
View a Sample Soil Analysis
Learn More About Soil Analysis for Growing Garden Vegetables
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Reviews) to reveal further information on this product