PA4G&S Granule and Slug Pellet Application
Pesticide Application Training PA4G/S
This course is coming soon. Watch this space!
To learn more, and to register your interest in upcoming courses, contact us today.
The PA4G&S units cover the use of Granule and Slug Pellet applicators.
PA4G (Pesticide Granule Applicators) covers:
- Identify applicator controls and components
- Demonstrate knowledge of preparation of prime mover and equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal requirements and safety regulations
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe driving
- Check applicator for cleanliness and mechanical defects
- Check security of attachment of application mechanisms
- Demonstrate knowledge of lubrication of components
- Read and interpret product label (as supplied or approved by the Assessor)
- Part fill Applicator
- Select and calculate speed (if applicable)
- Calculate required output
- Set applicator to achieve required application rate
- Carry out check of application rate
- Adjust applicator to achieve the correct application rate
- Demonstrate knowledge of factors affecting uniformity of spread
- Assess the applicator for uniformity of spread/placement
- Demonstrate knowledge of calibration data to be recorded
- Carry out an environmental risk assessment of the application site
- Calculate, weigh and add pesticide granules to the hopper
- Demonstrate knowledge of accurate application procedures on site
- Apply granules to a given area in a safe and appropriate manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of: a) cleaning and decontamination of the applicator, b) the procedure prior to any repair or replacement of parts, c) preparation of applicator for storage
- Complete application record
PA4S (Pesticide Slug Pellet Applicators) covers:
- Prepare a pesticide slug pellet applicator for work, calibrate and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other people and the environment.
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general.
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance of the applicator
- Carry out the correct procedure for clearing personal protective equipment and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide
Please note: Assessments are held and invoiced separately to the training.
To view all of our training courses, click here
Learn More About PA4G&S Granule and Slug Pellet Application
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Reviews) to reveal further information on this product