Grazon Pro 1 L - Pasture Weed Killer For Spot Spraying
Grazon Pro - Unrivalled selective pasture weed killer for tough grassland weeds including: docks, thistles, nettles, bramble, broom and gorse.
|Weeds Controlled*||Docks, Thistles, Nettles, Bramble. Gorse, Broom. Also has an effect on a large range of other weeds|
Weed killer for brambles, nettles, dock, thistle & sycamore seedlings
Grazon Pro Weed Killer Spray takes over from the well-known favourite Grazon 90 - But still continues to offer the best control via a knapsack on weeds such as docks, thistles, nettles, bramble and broom plus other difficult to control weeds in grassland and pasture situations.
- Fast acting, grass safe & controls a wide weed spectrum
- Herbicide kills to the roots - offering long-term control
- Rainfast in 2 hrs
- Value for money
- 1 L pack gives 16 knapsacks when mixed in 10 L batches
- Application using a knapsack only - check out our range of knapsack and handheld sprayers that are perfect for applying Grazon Pro
- Apply ‘medium’ spray as defined by BCPC
- Spray weeds thoroughly to the point of ‘run-off’
- Grazing animal exclusion: 7days (longer if poisonous weeds ie ragwort are present)
- If weeds cover more than 5% of the area to be treated - then Pas Tor may be more cost effective
- Pas Tor is suitable for broadcast spraying via a tractor or ATV
Application notes and guidance:
- Add Amvista Blue Marker Dye to your tank mix to easily identify areas that have already been sprayed
- Not suitable for tank mixing with phenoxy herbicides, e.g.: Thrust, Headland Polo
- Do not use treated material for composting or mulching
- Treat grassland established at least 12months*
- Safe for pets once dry (normally 2 hours)
- Can only be applied to grassland that has been established for at least 12 months
- If recently grazed or mown – allow 2-3 weeks before applying Grazon Pro
- Clover will be killed or severly checked by applying Grazon
- Do not spray in drought, very hot or very cold weather
- Allow 28 days after application before cutting
- For further guidance on how to treat thistles click here
Recommended appropriate PPE for when using GrazonPro - Face shield, gloves & coveralls. See our safety clothing bundle for a discounted bundle price
*see Grazon Pro label for all weeds controlled & other top weeds further below
Using Grazon Pro for treating woody weeds
Between the months of June and August it is the perfect time for targeting woody weeds such as bramble, boom and gorse. If these weeds are left untreated they can quickly spread through grassland and severely reduce the amount of grazing land that is available. Ideally, they should be sprayed whilst they are actively growing before they start to flower and have a good leaf coverage.
Many paddock owners realise how important it is to control sycamore seedlings if they are grazed by horses and ponies. Some seedlings contain the toxin hypoglycin A and ingestion can cause a potentially fatal condition called equine atypical myopathy. Although not on the label, Grazon Pro will give good control of these seedlings. Please note any extended grazing intervals if controlling poisonous weeds.
For equine paddock owners who do not hold NPTC sprayer qualifications, then the amature product SBK Brushwood Killer will give good control.
Grazon Pro Weed Killer also gives strong control on the following:
Black Bindweed, Black nightshade, Chickweed, Cleavers, Cranesbill, Dead-nettles, Fat-hen, Field bindweed, Forget-me-not, Medick, Pale Persicaria, Scarlet pimpernel, Self-heal, Small nettle - plus more
Bramble, Broom, Gorse, Clover Trefoil, Coltsfoot, Common Sorrel, Docks, Fools Parsley, Giant Hogweed, Gorse, Ground Elder, Hawthorn, Hemlock, Himalayan Balsam, Japanese Knotweed, Lesser Celandine, Mallow, Mugwort, Nettles, Ribbwort, Rosebay Willow Herb, Self-Heal, Silverweed, Thistles, Vetch, Water Dropwort, Yellow Flag Iris
For application timings on key weeds see the Application Rate tab
Learn More About Grazon Pro 1L
- Click the additional tabs at the top of this section (Application Rate, Label/SDS, Reviews) to reveal further information on this product.
Using Pesticides Safely
When you buy a professional use pesticide you and/or the end user must ensure that the product is legally used in line with the Approved Code of Practice set out by The Food & Environment Protection Act 1985 (FEPA) & Control of Pesticide Regulations 1986 (COPR).
When placing an order for a professional use pesticide you must confirm that you have read, understood and will comply with these regulations.
The person purchasing the professional use product must be satisfied that the end user applying the product is suitably qualified to do so.
Use plant protection products safely & always read the label & product information before use.
Need pesticide training? Click here
|Contains||240 g/L triclopyr & 60 g/L clopyralid|
Hand-held Application Rate
|Perennial and annual grassland weeds||60 ml in 10 L water|
Maximum Dose - One per year
Application Timings For Key Weeds Controlled
Common Nettle - Actively growing before flowering - normally until mid-June
Curled Dock & Broadleaved Dock - Rosette stage up to 250mm high or wide
Creeping Thistle & Spear Thistle - Rosette stage up to 150mm high or wide strong
Bramble, Broom & Gorse - June - August pre-senescence. Ensure large bushes are thoroughly wetted