Tree Stump & Woody Weeds
Controlling Tree Stumps & Woody Weeds
Ecoplug Max / Ecoplugs
Ecoplugs contain a granular glyphosate herbicide for the control of suckers/ re-growth on tree stumps. Ecoplug Max kills the root system of targeted trees with no effect on the surrounding trees or vegetation.
Benefits of Ecoplug Max?
- Ideal for safety in public areas – cannot be removed
- Use all year round on freshly cut tree stumps
- No chemical spillage risk or contamination of surrounding areas - useful near waterways, food crops, etc
- Simple to use.
- No mess, no liquids, simply hammer in
SBK Brushwood Killer
SBK Brushwood Killer is a non-professional control for brambles, nettles, dock, 'tough' weeds, woody weeds and hardwood saplings in grassland and non-crop areas. Apply from May to October (June to August for woody weeds) when soil is moist and the weeds are in active growth. Allow at least six weeks between application and replanting.
- Liquid glyphosate can be used to prevent re-growth from stumps as well as spraying on woody weeds
- Glyphosate is not selective. Spray will affect green leaved plants
- Roundup ProVantage can be used for stump control at 200ml / 1 L water, or for woody weeds at 10 L/ha
- Other glyphosate products include Roundup ProActive & Glyfos Gold
Kaskara is a selective weedkiller (i.e. it kills weeds, not grass). Contains 2,4-D, triclopyr and dicamba.
It can be used in grassland for spot trteatment of woody & difficult weeds; nettles,broom, gorse, thistles, buttercups and also sycamore seedlings
- Thistles, nettles, docks, dandelion, buttercups, woody weeds and other broad-leaf weeds in grassland
- 15 day exclusion applies for all grazing animals on agricultural grassland sprayed with Kaskara
- This product has been withdrawn and was only available for sale within a defined time-limit until 15/09/17